[Bscc-fun-stuff] Caravan Planning Meeting

leanne at widgetsupply.com leanne at widgetsupply.com
Wed Sep 11 10:14:14 PDT 2013

Hello,

I heard there was some confusion over the caravan route. An alternate route
that I would like to discuss at the meeting on Tuesday is shown below.  I am
sending it now so you can look at maps and/or gather your thoughts about it
for the meeting (or email them if you are not able to attend).  This is only
an option; it is not set in stone.  You can always offer suggestions to
modify this route, choose to go with the NW caravan, or another direction
entirely.

Some members in our club that plan to go, have said they would like shorter
days, little or no freeway, and to do some sight-seeing on the way to
Bowling Green.  John and I came up with an alternate route that we believe
meets these criteria and will be a little less hectic; since you will not be
standing in a long line for food and restrooms at every stop with the NW
Caravan.

Proposed Alternate Route:

2 Extra (Shorter) Days, plus Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Crazy Horse and Mt
Rushmore

Wednesday 8-21-14: Albany to Boise through Bend/Sweet Home: 8h 42m,
441.69miles  (THE ONLY LONG DAY – could drive to Bend or ?? Tuesday night
then to Boise)

Thursday 8-22-14: Boise to Jackson Hole, WY: 5h 44m 368.48 miles

Friday 8-23-14: Jackson Hole WY to Cody WY: 6h 23m 230.34 miles (through
Grand Tetons and ¾ Yellowstone Grand Loop) -- 4h 38min, 177.12 miles if you
only skirt Yellowstone

Saturday 8-23-14: Cody Wy to Crazy Horse: 6h 32m, 373.62 miles

Sunday 8-24-14: Crazy Horse to Mt Rushmore (about 2 hours visit) to Chadron,
SD 1hr 42m, 132.21 miles

Monday 8-25-14: Chadron, SD to Lincoln, NE (Join Caravan) 6h 51m. 449.24

Tuesday 8-26-14: Lincoln NE to Columbia 5h 7m, 322.94

Wednesday 8-27-14: Columbia to Bowling Green 6h 38m, 403.56

2722.07 Miles  (vs. 2621.11 miles and 6 days with NW Caravan only)

Sincerely,

Leanne