[Cmug-talk] ComCast in Scappoose

James Wagner ka7ehk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 09:35:30 PST 2013

Hello, Phil -

We have comcast internet in Tangent but not TV, so I cannot respond to your specific TV travails.

In our case, when we signed up, it was the only game in town besides satellite. Now, there are a lot more options - both phone company and two wireless providers (internet). Comcast phone support has not been too bad, though my wife is the one who usually does that, not me, so I can't comment directly.

Personally, I would find your TV situation enough to quit. We get our TV over the air (OPB 7-1 & 7-2) plus an analog translator from Portland. I have a friend in Corvallis who gets his TV by antenna from Eugene. I suspect that Scapoose may be within the service areas of some of the Portland TV stations, though your living situation probably does not allow for roof antennas.

Here, we have several neighbors with comcast TV. I think that most leave the converter on, just as we do with the data modem. I've heard very few technical complaints, here.

Jim Wagner