[Osta-board] Good work !

bcarlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Fri Feb 5 17:58:16 PST 2010

Dear OSTA board members,

      Thank you for following up on the quest to get folks to renew
their membership.   The first two came in today.  Hooray for Cora
Clark !

       The bill for Menucha also came in.   $2425 total for
everything.   That's about par for our retreats.  I think that we will
get our money's worth from this one.  Nicely organized, Lynda and Allan!

       We also got the Oregon Community Foundation end-of-year
financial statement for the Diack/OSTA program.  Diack actually had a
net investment return of $30,027 for the Oct.1-Dec. 31 quarter.  Even
paying $1000 in OCF fees and putting $21,020 into the Ecology grant
checking account, their Fund Balance rose from $799,975 to $807,983.
Wow!  We should have our money with OCF instead of at Washington
Mutual!  oops!

      Thank you for taking those heavy Merck Indexes back to high
schools in your district.   They are very well received by chemistry
teachers!

       The webpage is a work in progress.  Look for more updates next week !

       Thank you for all that you do!
             Best wishes,  Bernie