[Osta-board] website quote

bcarlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Thu Feb 11 15:52:08 PST 2010

Hi Sue,

      Thank you for working with Scott.   I'm pretty sure that this is
the way that we will go, but give me a day or so to consult with
former webmaster Xavier Sudre regarding updates.
      Xavier did suggest PayPal as the only way to go regarding online
registration and membership.  The bugaboo comes in regarding having
the webmaster answer to only one board member.
      This webpage needs communication between the webmaster and the
President, the Conference Chair, the Conference Program Director, the
conference exhibits chair, the membership chair, the comptroller, the
registrar, and the TOST and eTOST editors.   Yes, it drives webmasters
nuts!  (They tend to be solitary NERDS, by necessity.  Precisely
typing hours and hours of computer codes is not a task that encourages
social interaction.

      Let me consult Xavier before we turn Scott loose on our site
like we did with Ty Swanson.

      Thank you for all that you do!
            Best wishes,   Bernie

btw: your OSTA business cards went out to you in today's mail.