[Osta-board] Poster sessions

bcarlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Sun Jan 1 20:37:06 PST 2012

Hi Carolyn,

      A poster session is a specific time when people gather around
poster boards and explain their program, product, or research data
informally to others who are free to wander through the poster area at
will.     The posters are usually put on display for a day or
half-day, but the "poster session" is the period of time when the
scientists must be at their poster to explain and promote it.

      I think that Lynda had at least one person who was involved with
a poster.

      They are most common at science fairs and research exhibitions.

      It does open up new possibilities for the Leslie Conference.
Possibly a poster session of Salem Middle School students' projects?
A poster session of STEM activities?

      Mike, Lynda, and I also enjoyed an earth science "Share-a-thon"
at the NSTA conference.   It featured a fund-raising "auction" of
donated stones and stuff.

      Lots of possibilities.  What we need now is publicity and ways
to entice teachers to come to Salem on October 12th !    Bring your
thinking caps!

           Happy New Year!     Peace,  Bernie     "Go DUCKS ! ! !"