FW: [Osta-board] Fair weather at Menucha

Carolyn Clontz cclontz at bendbroadband.com
Fri Jan 20 12:21:13 PST 2012

NOAA Issue Date:1/20/2012 09:26:00 AM ...Ice Storm Warning in effect until 4
Am Pst Saturday for the Hood River Valley and the western Columbia River
Gorge west of Bonneville Dam... The National Weather Service in Portland has
issued an Ice Storm Warning...which is in effect until 4 Am Pst Saturday.
The Freezing Rain Advisory is no longer in effect. * timing...today and
tonight. * location...Hood River Valley and the western Columbia River Gorge
east of Bonneville Dam. * weather...occasional...mainly light...freezing
rain this morning will increase this afternoon and evening. The freezing
rain will end late tonight as temperatures rise above freezing. * ice
accumulations...around one quarter inch. * impacts...additional ice
accumulations will lead to more tree damage and falling limbs...will down
Power lines...and may cause roof damage. All forms of travel will remain
dangerous due to icy surfaces. Precautionary/preparedness actions... An Ice
Storm Warning means significant...widespread...and damaging accumulations of
ice are imminent or highly likely in the warning area. Heavy ice
accumulations will make travel very dangerous. If you must travel...keep an
extra flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Falling limbs and trees are possible. Power outages are likely.

Carolyn