[Osta-board] Region 6 & PD Report

Sue McWilliams smcw at bendcable.com
Fri Jan 20 17:41:13 PST 2012

Hello all-

Please add the following to my report:

 I have attached the latest draft for the Gray Family Fund Grant Proposal I am working on, along with a letter of support that I would like to have - if the board agrees.  It is not required, but we thought it would be a good idea.  As you read through the proposal you will see that OSTA would be quite involved.  We have lined up many outstanding partners and collaborators.  I am pleased to say that Marj has expressed an interest in leading one of the regional teams which is great.  Please note that from a financial perspective OSTA would receive $5,000 for development of a Blog on the website and funds for about 90 OSTA memberships over the duration of the project (15 in year 2 and 75 in year three).  In addition OSTA directors or member teachers would assist with the planning phase, could serve as pilot educators for year 3 and would assist with recruitment of teachers for both years.