[Osta-board] Conference scuttlebutt

Bernie Carlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Sat Oct 13 12:26:19 PDT 2012

Thank you, Cora,

     Actually, the reason that I mentioned the other stuff that Paul is
involved with is because of just how much he epitomizes Thor Sabo, for
whom this award was named.

     Whilst the award is for service to our organization, Thor was just
like Paul in that he was always involved full blast into the activities
that he took on.  Where Paul is involved with the LIONS club's exchange
student programs, Thor was a SCOUT leader.  He was with the Columbia Sea
Scouts, and was completely committed, just like Paul, to all that the
good things that his groups did to advance young people in our society.
Thor, like Paul, you, and others in our profession, stayed on with the
organization and did more than just their original involvement may have
required.  We call these people "110%ers".  Our profession is much
richer from their efforts!

     Thank you for all that you do for science education!  Peace,
Bernie