[Osta-board] Regional Activities

Lori Lancaster lancaster.ld at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:54:43 PST 2015

Dear Board Members,

It was good to "see" you all at the meeting on Saturday.  The Regional
gathering that followed the meeting was pretty exciting.  28 teachers took
2 hours out of a sunny morning on Saturday for some great conversations
about the new Oregon Science Standards.  It was pretty clear at the meeting
that our colleagues are seeking this type of interaction regarding the new
standards, as not all of them are not getting it from their districts.

I have created a Regional Activities Page
<http://www.oregonscience.org/OSTA-Regional-Activities>, and have posted
pictures & recaps of the two events that have occurred and a list and
description of upcoming events that we are aware of.

If you have an event scheduled, please let me know and I will happily add
it to this page and create an event registration, if one has not already
been created.  Again, the benefit of having this event registration to the
organization is in building our contact list base, and to provide you with
access to e-mailing event attendees before, to provide reminders & any
other information prior to the meeting, and after, to follow up and send
PDU certificates.

Remember, I am at your service, to help you with any aspect of planning
your event with respect to our Membership Management System.  I would also
be very happy to help you with the event itself, and have provided access
to the PD Folder
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzjOmrY3ZPEifkpCSnJuZWo3b196LXBWdDMtOU1WUkEzcFJOcjN1R2FrRlUwV2hfTUIxOEk&usp=sharing>
through
Google Drive.  Feel free to use any of these materials, and if you need any
help, please feel free to contact me.

Also, don't forget about the newly created NGSS Resource
<http://www.oregonscience.org/NGSS@OSTA> page available with resources and
information specific to Oregon, and other research and documents to assist
in implementation.  Please share this with your colleagues.

Please take pictures, and post them to FB or Twitter (@OrSciTchr). Please
send the photos to me with a recap of your events, and I will post them to
the regional activities page.

Here is the list of people who have "liked" OSTA and now have page editor
 privileges: Janine, Karen, Jomae, Bevin, Karin, Carol, Amy, Susan
McWilliams, Alfonso, Carolyn, David & Lynda. As soon as I see that any of
you have "liked" the OSTA page, I will give page editor status to.  Then
you will be able to post as OSTA.  The more postings we have, the more
engagement we can encourage.

Thank you for your service to science education.

Respectfully,
Lori