[Osta-board] Is OSTA being scammed?

Bernie Carlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Mon Jun 1 15:57:59 PDT 2015

Hello Sue,

    So ADP is not the Armenian Disposable People or some scammer out of
Texas.   ADP stands for the Automatic Data Processing, Inc.  a company our
of New Jersey that does processing of payrolls.

    A couple of questions still lurk regarding those ADP entries on the
Chase Statements.  I guess the first one would be why do they say "ADP
TX/Fincl Svc ADP -" if the ADP company is in New Jersey not TX (Texas) ?

   Another would be why, on O4/01 there are two from ADP TX following the
grant payment to you (Federal and state taxes?) when the electronic
transfer of grant funds to you was from Chase Quickpay and not from the ADP
TX payroll people.

   The two 4/29 ADP TX entries are also confusing as Alfonso only got paid
$95.75 for ? on the 27th.   Nichole received $925 on the 17th, but the $313
and 127 ADP Tax withdrawals seem awfully high for Fed and state withholding
taxes on just $900.

   ADP TX withdrawals on 3/05 give no clue as what or why they are there.
Who authorized ADP to take money out of the OSTA account?   Kristy was
elected as the treasurer.  Nichole Mathes was hired by you and Lori but she
is in Tigard.  How did an outfit in Texas get  access to the OSTA bank
account and how are they able to make what appears to be random and strange
withdrawals of OSTA funds.

   Sue, OSTA never paid withholding taxes in the past.  Carolyn was the
comptroller for Heidi Keller's huge MSEF grant.  She never paid anything to
the tax people, state or federal.   She also wrote all of those checks for
attendees to the MSEF grant workshops and never listed getting paid
anything by OSTA for doing that.

   I'm sorry that you didn't get time on Saturday to explain the stuff on
those Chase statements.  I suppose that is why board meetings need to be
held in person, where board member has a chance to contribute and the
meeting is not limited by the electronic confines and online time
constraints.

 Bradford should be able to make some time on the retreat agenda to get
everything resolved.

      Thank you for all that you do for science teachers!    Peace and
friendship,   Bernie