[Osta-board] Your help is respectfully requested and needed

OSTA Communications ostacommunications at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:11:32 PDT 2015

Hello colleagues,

As you may know, for the last three years OSTA has made an effort to
connect with the administrators in this state by presenting and staffing a
booth at the COSA Annual Seaside Conference.
<http://www.cosa.k12.or.us/events/cosa-seaside-conference-and-pre-conferences>
Susan Holvek's session on what administrators should be looking for in an
NGSS aligned science classroom has been accepted.

This years' conference is *Thursday and Friday, June 18 & 19th* at the Seaside
Convention Center
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Seaside+Civic+%26+Convention+Center/@45.994213,-123.925151,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x5494a1b951fbf53f:0xec53980f45fd1394?hl=en>.
The OSTA booth is situated in the General Session Area, so we will get to
listen to all of the speakers they have during the conference.  It can be
very informative.

We will need board members to help staff the booth during the time.  Please
add your name to the Booth Staffing Schedule
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ELDxdm-AWR_9FEl7UDfsxQIip4QSrDZ93-62b6CIRns/edit?usp=sharing>
indicate when you can help out. *It is very important that the booth be
staffed by at least one person the entire time of the conference.  *

We all know how important it is to get administrators buy in.  This is your
opportunity to engage with them in this effort.  Please spend a few hours
at the beach advocating for science education and add your name to the
schedule
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ELDxdm-AWR_9FEl7UDfsxQIip4QSrDZ93-62b6CIRns/edit?usp=sharing>
.

Thank you for your service to OSTA and Science Education.

Respectfully,
Lori Lancaster
Communications Coordinator
Oregon Science Teachers Association