[Osta-board] Prep for Web Training at the Retreat

Lori Lancaster lancaster.ld at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 15:59:44 PDT 2015

Hello Board Members,

I look forward to working with you during the retreat. To make this web
training most useful for you, please be sure to bring a laptop computer
with you so you can practice what is taught. As you are aware, doing sticks
with you longer than being told. And we really need your help to get
information out to our members and social media followers quickly.

We will also be learning more about using social media to promote science
education and engage our members.  The use of OSTA's Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/OrSciTchr> and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/ORSciTchr> accounts to communicate with our members
and collaborators has been increasing.  We get lots of likes, comments,
retweets and favorites when we post things that OSTA is doing for our
members and science education in general. It raises the visibility of the
organization and promotes the outreach we are doing.

So, in addition to your laptop computer, please bring or find one great
opportunity or resource for teachers or students to post to the newsfeed.
Also, bring any ideas you have for additional resource pages you think
would be helpful to you as board members and our members.

See you at the retreat!

Lori

PS: Check out the NGSS Tweet Chat <https://twitter.com/NGSSchat> that
happens on Thursdays at 6pm PT.  Lots of great information and resources to
be had as well as interesting questions posted to get the conversation
rolling. Even if you aren't able to post (it goes really fast), there is
much to be gained from at least "listening" in.