[Osta-board] OSTA Summer Board Retreat Date Change

OSTA Communications ostacommunications at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:00:29 PST 2015

Hello Colleagues,

At the Conference, it was discovered that the Summer Board Retreat was in
conflict with the Confederation of Oregon School Administrators' (COSA)
Annual Seaside Conference July 22-24, 2016.  With your help in providing
dates, the *OSTA* Summer Board Retreat has been moved to June 27-28, 2016,
so please change the date in your calendar.  Please remember, this is where
the bulk of our work is done, and your physical presence is really
important to the organization's success.

OSTA needs to continue its presence at the COSA Seaside Conference as a
presenter and staff a booth.  We have a former Board Member's beach house
reserved that is about 3 blocks away from the conference center in Seaside
that will accommodate up to 8 people.  So, we have some space for board
members to stay the night to help staff the booth.

With the NSTA Portland Area Conference the following November, we have an
opportunity to encourage administrators to send their teachers to this
event. There is an idea starting to crystallize about sponsoring a Family
STEM Social either Wednesday or Thursday afternoon during that conference.
We will need to have fun activities for all ages, so please think of
something that you could share and demonstrate great science or engineering
learning.

Thank you for your flexibility, and understanding.

--
Lori Lancaster
Communications Coordinator