[Osta-board] OSTA Committee Work

OSTA President president at oregonscience.org
Tue Dec 12 11:58:08 PST 2017

Dear Board Members,

The executive team had a meeting on Monday, December 11th in order to begin
the process of organizing the agenda for the next board meeting which will
be held on February 6th from 4:30-6:30pm online. Please mark your calendars
for this day and time.

Part of this board meeting will be a reporting out of the committee work to
date and progress made on actionable items that have been set by the
committee. So, in order to prepare for the February board meeting, we will
need you to please do the following:

   1.

   Check this spreadsheet
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18s4uvqFSYuDnLNcvKkCUWcLttRiIKIabs5VeED3gXUI/edit#gid=0>
   that has the list of committees formed at the October board meeting, and
   the board members assigned.
   1.

      The goals of the committee and any notes taken at the October board
      meeting are hyperlinked within the spreadsheet.
      2.

   If your name is not on one of the committees, please add yourself and
   your contact information to it.
   1.

      Please be mindful of the committees that are in need of members
      compared to others.
      3.

   Be ready to help your committee chair plan a date and time for a
   committee meeting to be held as soon as it is convenient for you all, and
   before the Winter Board meeting.

To the committee chairs, please call a meeting within the next month with
your committee members.  The purpose of this meeting is to:

   1.

   List the tasks for your committee to work through to meet the goals of
   the committee,
   2.

   Prioritize the list, assigning members to work on items collaboratively,
   then
   3.

   Act on at least the top priority item on that list in order to report
   out at the winter board meeting.
   4.

   Please add the meeting notes to the committee documents linked in the
   spreadsheet.

As we have moved to Zoom for our online meeting platform, you will be sent
an invitation to join the OSTA Directors group. Please activate your
account when you get the email.  This will allow you to schedule meetings
through OSTA’s account on your own for up to 40 minutes.  If you need a
longer period of time, please contact Regions at oregonscience.org, and a
meeting can be scheduled for you that you can host.

Many thanks for your service to OSTA!

Dara Brennan

OSTA President