[Osta-board] Announcements to share in your networks

OSTA Communications communications at oregonscience.org
Mon Mar 19 08:42:54 PDT 2018

Good morning,

There are two announcements that OSTA really needs to get spread far and
wide *right now*:

Logo Redesign Contest <http://www.oregonscience.org/Logo-Contest>
Request for Proposals to the 2018 Fall Conference
<http://www.oregonscience.org/OSTA18>

I have provided copy and paste-able announcements for you send to all of
the networks you have available through your school, district, ESD, STEM
hub or ODE contacts. (See below)

A request from a local person for distribution of these announcements will
carry more weight that one coming from OSTA in general, so please, use your
influence to get this information out.

Feel free to edit the announcements as you need for your particular
audience.

*Please carry out this request this week*, so that people may have time to
think about it over spring break, as the deadlines are at the end of April.

*If you have ANY contacts in Regions 5 or 7*, we could really use your help
here, as we have no regional directors in those regions. The desire is to
get this information out to teachers and students all over the state.

Thank you so much for your help in promoting OSTA activities.

Lori Lancaster
Communications Coordinator
Oregon Science Teachers Association
www.oregonscience.org

******2018 Fall Conference******

*Making Waves: Bringing Three-Dimensional Teaching, Learning, and
Assessment to Shore for ALL Students*
October 12-13 in Newport, Oregon.

In partnership with the Oregon Coast Aquarium, OSTA is now accepting
proposals for the 2018 Fall Conference on Science Education.

OSTA is seeking proposals that share best practices in NGSS-aligned, three
dimensional teaching, learning and assessment around the following strands:

• Navigating Phenomena-Based storylines
• Buoying Math and Literacy with Science and Technology Integration
• Learning Where You Live with Place-Based Education

For strand details and to submit your proposal, please go to our conference
page <http://Submission deadline is April 30th.>.

*Submission deadline is April 30, 2018*

******Logo Redesign Contest******

*New Organizational Logo Design Contest*

*OSTA is excited to announce that we are requesting proposals for a design
for an organizational logo. The logo should represent the organization’s
mission and goals, reflect characteristics unique to our state, as well as
reflect the innovation that has evolved in the fields of science and
engineering.Proposals should be submitted no later than May 1, 2018.A prize
of $250 will be paid to the student who creates the selected design, and a
prize of $500 will be paid to the selected student’s high school graphic
design program.For more information and details see our logo redesign page
<http://www.oregonscience.org/Logo-Contest>.*