[Poopdeck] - Poopdeck Issue 61 or thereabouts

John Ol' Chumbucket Baur chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com
Sun Dec 14 07:02:00 PST 2008

THE POOPDECK

The Talk Like A Pirate Day Newsletter
Ol' Chumbucket, ed.    Published when the fancy strikes
Dec. 14, 2008               Issue No. 61 or thereabouts

            www.talklikeapirate.com

In this issue:
     ** Holiday Greetings, Video
     ** Pirate Books
     ** Christmas goes B.O.O.M.

Yo Ho Ho Ho Ho!

The crew of Team Pirate – Cap'n Slappy, Mad Sally, Jezebel the Web
Wench and meself, Ol' Chumbucket – wish you all a festive freebooter
holiday season, with plenty o' pillagin' the ol' man in red (try
slidin' down MY chimney, will ye?) and more than a few tankards of
whatever holiday libation is yer favorite.

Just have a couple of holiday items to share.

** "Pirate Plunderland" Video

Recently I (Ol' Chumbucket) did a book event at Undercover Books in
Gallows Bay (great name, huh?) on St. Croix. It was *not* a good venue
– crowded and disorganized – but I plunged ahead and sang a pirate
Christmas Carol – "Pirate Plunderland." Mad Sally caught the whole
thing on video and you can see it by going to our Web site and
following the link (near the bottom of the page) to youtube. Or else go
directly to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqEr9zOBkY

And Merry Christmas to ye!

** Classics of Pirate Literature Available

We've mentioned several times (okay, almost incessantly) that we have a
new book out ("The Pirate Life: Unleashing our Inner Buccaneer") and
several other books available at our Web site
http://talklikeapirate.com/book.html

But we're not the only game in town. Our friends at BiblioBazaar have
assembled a library of classic pirate books, many of them long out of
print, and put them in a special series commemorating International
Talk Like a Pirate Day. They come complete with a special introduction
by Cap'n Slappy and meself opining on the allure of the pirate life.
They'd make a great gift for the pirate in your life - or for yerself.
You can find them by going to our Web site at:

http://talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

and scrolling down about two screens. The link is on th our site at:

http://talklikeapirate.com/links.html#favorites

(B.O.O.M., for the uininitiated, stands for Brotherhood of Oceanic
Mercenaries.)

-------

And Don't Forget ...

It's not too late (though time is growing short) to order our books,
T-shirts, mugs, stickers and plenty more to buy gifts for yer piratey
friends from our CafePress store. Just go to:

http://talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

And follow the link to "Get your pirate booty!" Ye'll find a whole slew
of the best pirate merchandise on the Web, if we do say so ourselves.

Once again, Merry Christmas to all of you, and here's hoping you have a
piratey year all of 2009!

Ol' Chumbucket