[Poopdeck] Poopdeck 61 addendum

John Ol' Chumbucket Baur chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com
Sun Dec 14 08:07:07 PST 2008

Poopdeck 61....

Okay, again my mail software cut the guts out of the Poopdeck. I've
gotta figure out what ye missed ...

Here's what my computer took out. Sorry about the problems here. I'll
figure it out eventually.

B.O.O.M. for Christmas

Speaking of singin', our friends the B.O.O.M. Pirates have recorded a
CD  of pirate tunes, "Prepare to be Boarded!" Now, that be my very
favorite pirate phrase. Also, I'm  to hear they've included the holiday
classic, "The Chanty of the Bells."

I haven't heard the CD, but I've seen them work at festivals and they
can sing the mermaids off the rocks! They can not only carry a tune,
they can bind it, stow it in the hold and transport it all the way to
Tortuga! So I have confidence that this is a good 'un.

Cap'n Slappy, who HAS heard the CD, said of it, "Not only are these
raucous rogues brimming with pirattitude - they're talented musicians
to boot! This collection o' tunes blends the traditional with the
extraditional ... and in this case, there's no need to fight
extradition!"

You can purchase "Prepare to Be Boarded" by going to
www.margotproductions.com. Note – that's NOT B.O.O.M.'s site, that's
the place you can by the CD, although Margot is a member. To find
B.O.O.M. on the Web follow the link from our site at:

http://talklikeapirate.com/links.html#favorites

(B.O.O.M., for the uininitiated, stands for Brotherhood of Oceanic
Mercenaries.)

-------

And Don't Forget ...

It's not too late (though time is growing short) to order our books,
T-shirts, mugs, stickers and plenty more to buy gifts for yer piratey
friends from our CafePress store. Just go to:

http://talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

And follow the link to "Get your pirate booty!" Ye'll find a whole slew
of the best pirate merchandise on the Web, if we do say so ourselves.

Once again, Merry Christmas to all of you, and here's hoping you have a
piratey year all of 2009!

Ol' Chumbucket