[Poopdeck] Poopdeck Issue 52

John Ol' Chumbucket Baur chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com
Wed Jul 30 12:01:21 PDT 2008

THE POOPDECK                  The Talk Like A Pirate Day Newsletter
Ol' Chumbucket, ed.             Published when the fancy strikes
July 30, 2008                         Issue No. 52 or thereabouts

                        www.talklikeapirate.com

----------------------
          50  days until International Talk Like a Pirate Day

In this issue:
     ** Pre-Order "The Pirate Life: Unleashing Your Inner Buccaneer"
     ** Pirates Invade Albany Oregon
     ** Caribbean Adventure Continues

** Pre-Order "The Pirate Life" And Be The First To Let Us Change Your
Life – If You Dare!

Be the first one on your block! Or on your ship, or in your tavern!

Now you can pre-order your copy of our new book,  "The Pirate Life:
Unleashing Your Inner Buccaneer," the only book you'll ever need to
learn how to find yer inner pirate, then let the dirty ol' buccaneer
out to wreak havoc in daily life.

You don't get to be our ages without learning SOMETHING about life, and
Cap'n Slappy and meself have opened the sluices for this one, pouring
out the rich steamy compost of our combined knowledge to help you do
all of the following and then some:

• Lose weight
• Get a date
* Be a better mate
• Check your mental state
• Learn where pirates originate
• Run as a presidential candidate

And many other very funny things that we just couldn't happen to think
up an "ate" rhyme for.

"The Pirate Life" is the ultimate how-to, self-improvement book, with
lessons for every phase of your life, from exercise to parenting.
(Results may vary. Consult your doctor before attempting any life
changes – but do NOT consult your attorney.)

Just listen to what this ol' loper had to say about it:

"By applying the principles in this book, I've enjoyed a 78-percent
increase in my income from plunder." Dave Barry

Can't argue with that, can you? Especially since it's hard to know what
he means.

To pre-order, just visit our Web site, www.talklikeapirate.com. Click
the link for the book and it'll take you to Amazon, where you can place
an early order. Then you'll be the first in your crew to have a copy.
And don't forget to order extra copies for friends, if you have any.
They'll want to read it too, if only to figure out what's wrong with
you. (And yes, we cover the question "Are you crazy?" in the book.

There are also sections on pirates in business in which we make a
point-by-point comparison between Blackbeard with Donald Trump, and
sections on the origin of the species, pirate cooking, pirate
story-telling, and – yes, we dare go there  – we examine the famous
pirate/ninja feud and suggest a way to bring peace to the warring
factions. It's a plan that will make both pirates and ninjas happy, and
piss off another group that sorely needs pissing off.

Visit the Web site now to order your copies, and watch upcoming issues
of The Poopdeck for more on our plans for pimping – I mean, marketing –
the book. And we'll be running excerpts just so you can see what you're
letting yourself in for.

------------------------------

** Pirates Invade Albany Oregon

That didn't take long. As soon as I moved away from Albany, Oregon, the
city's visitor bureau decided to hold an Albany Riverfront Pirate
Festival!

The event will take place this weekend, August 1, 2, 3, probably at
Monteith Riverpark but no one tells me anything.

The festival will feature Albany's undisputed top pirate, Cap'n Slappy.
(I can say that since I've moved, we don't have to argue about it.)
Also on tap will be the pirates from B.O.O.M. (The Brotherhood of
Oceanic Mercenaries) and their black powder, music and comedy and –
our old shipmate and damn good friend, Captain Robert "Cockroach"
Blair.

Like I said, I'm kinda far from the action and no one has filled me in
on the details. The get further information, call the visitors
association at 541-928-0911. Then get out to Albany!

------------------------------

** Caribbean Adventure Continues'

Just a note that the Chumbucket Family is now happily ensconced on the
island of St.Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands, working to make the
transition from visitors to residents. We're all adjusting in our own
ways (and all keeping a wary eye on the tropical storms that swarm
through the Caribbean this time of year.)

We're blogging our experiences, and you can follow the adventure by
going to www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome and clicking on the link to
the blog "Island Time."

Our Internet connection at the rental house has been spotty, so
blogging has been equally spotty. But we're hoping that will be cleared
up soon and then we'll be posting more regularly. We'll do what we can
to keep all our well-wishers up to date.

And those who don't wish us well – up yours!

Sincerely,
Ol' Chumbucket, editor