[Poopdeck] -- The Poopdeck Issue No. 66

John Baur chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com
Sun May 10 10:41:52 PDT 2009

THE POOPDECK            The Talk Like A Pirate Day Newsletter
Ol' Chumbucket, ed.     Published when the fancy strikes
May 10, 2009              Issue No. 66 – I think

www.talklikeapirate.com

131 Days Until Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Today's Inspirational Quote:
"Not all treasure is silver and gold.” - Captain Jack Sparrow

In this issue
-- Slappy Gets All Twittery
-- Join me and Sally on Sirius Monday

-- Slappy Gets All Twittery

Cap'n Slappy is now doing the Twitter thing that's so popular with the the young folks - and everyone else from sports writers to your grandmother.

Yes, Slappy is Twittering, sharing all the details of his exciting, piratey life. And notice what I said – Slappy's on Twitter. Not his "normal," real world persona, Mark. No. It's not Mark telling you "what am I doing?" How boring would that be? No, this is Cap'n Slappy. And he's Twittering as if it were the Golden Age of Piracy and he's cruising the Spanish Main on the lookout for treasure and adventure. And somehow he has a cell phone and/or computer on his ship.

He's on Twitter as "thecapnslappy." That's probably important information for those of you who Tweat, or Twitter, or are Twitterers or Twittiots or whatever the words is. Slappy is leaning towards "Twitternauts," as a tribute to Jason and the Argonauts. As you may guess, I (Ol' Chumbucket) haven't figured all that out yet. I just know that if you like the Twitter and love the pirate, especially Cap'n Slappy (and who doesn't, the big lug) you'll want to sign up to follow his adventures.

--------

-- Ol' Chumbucket and Mad Sally on Sirius

And a quick note to listen for a live talk with Ol' Chumbucket (me) and Mad Sally Monday morning. We'll be on at 7 a.m. Eastern time on Sirius 108 XM 139, the "Me & Vinnie" show with Vinnie Politan. The interview will repeat at 10 a.m.