No subject

Wed Aug 1 01:12:12 PDT 2012

s, the world is getting set to celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate D=
ay.

Here are just a few of the events scheduled all around the globe. For more,=
 visit our Big Map o' Piratey Fun =E2=80=93 or as we likes to call it, the =
Calend-Aarrr! =E2=80=93 at http://talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html (don'=
t forget to scroll down, it's not right on top.)

-- The Robert Louis Stevenson Museum in St. Helena, Calif., will host a hol=
iday Pirate School for the wee nippers, beginning at 1 p.m. Sept. 19. Pirat=
es age 5 to 10 can enjoy fun, arts and crafts. Create your own sword and ha=
t, learn songs and shanties, explore the museum for buried treasure. What b=
etter place to celebrate than a museum devoted to the author of "Treasure I=
sland?" Just remember the words of Billy Bones and be on the watch for "a s=
ea-farin' man with one leg."

-- R=C3=AAves Temporels will celebrate the holiday early, on Sept. 15, in T=
oulouse, France. "We make an big day with a Pirates's Parade in Toulouse an=
d go to a stopover at the edge of the Garonne," they write. "We finish this=
 day in the Pirates's tavern (at 8pm)." I don't know what a stopover is, bu=
t it sounds fun. The evening party will include "more animations, concert, =
and other surprises!" Learn more on the group's Facebook events page.

-- In Rome (yes, THAT Rome!) Chiesa Pastafarians will celebrate Internation=
al Talk Like a Pirate Day and Pastafarianism Sept. 19 at Viale Appio Claudi=
o 336, Rome. Check the Facebook event page.

-- Our pal Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers will raid Music City Roots, a =
live show broadcast from the Loveless Cafe, 8400 Highway 100, Nashville, be=
ginning at 7 p.m. CST on Lightning 100 FM and simulcast on the Web. Cover p=
rice is $10, but you can watch online for free at http://musiccityroots.com=
/live-stream. The performance features a guest appearance by legendary Aust=
ralian singer Dobe Newton, lead singer of the Bushwackers and a bit of a pi=
rate himself. "Music City Roots, Live From The Loveless Cafe," is a weekly,=
 two-hour radio show that revives the historic legacy of live musical radio=
 production in Nashville.=20

-- And of course, the Tony Award-winning Broadway show "Peter and the Starc=
atchers" has a Sept. 19 event they're callin' Stache Day, after Black Stach=
e, the mustachio'd rogue played by Matthew Saldivar. If ye be in New York C=
ity on Sept. 19, and have (or can fabricate) a mustache, head down to the B=
rooks Atkinson Theatre Box Office (256 West 47th Street) by 10AM - the firs=
t 100 'stached pirates in line will get a free ticket to that night's show.=
 And better yet: the three best 'staches (as judged by our Close Personal F=
riend and Pulitzer Prize Winning Author Dave Barry, his "Peter and the Star=
catcher" co-author Ridley Pearson and Black Stache hisself - will get a pai=
r o' seats for the performance! More information is at: http://peterandthes=
tarcatcher.com/landing-pages/stache-day/

And there's lots, lots more. Go to the Calend-aarrr! and find a party or ev=
ent near you. If there isn't one, ORGANIZE one, then let us know so we can =
post it!

--------------------------------------------------=20

*** Video Contest News

With the deadline for submissions drawing near hurry and submit yer entry i=
n the "Make a Pirate Video for Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers' 'Talk Lik=
e a Pirate Day' Song with Lyrics by Ol' Chumbucket and Approved by Cap'n Sl=
appy Video Contest." The winner of the contest (which calls on pirate-video=
graphers to use Tom Mason's "Talk Like a Pirate Day" song as the soundtrack=
 for a video posted on their youtube account (Go to http://talklikeapirate.=
com/contest.html for details) will be determined by a special panel of judg=
es (well, mostly just us) but we'd love your feedback.

Check out these early entries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8-biqABKKfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DOxt1KGqSSIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DvlmFluAOboU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DbpeLQCtnRaw

The official deadline is Sept. 9, although there's always a chance we'll ex=
tend it.=20

*** Booty

Don't forget to stop by our Cafe Press store for the official 10th Annivers=
ary holiday T-shirt. It's not too late to order yours! Go to http://talklik=
eapirate.com/booty.html.

That's all for now, but you'll be hearing from all of us at Team Pirate aga=
in soon, because the holiday is almost here!

                                                 -- Ol' Chumbucket, ed.