[Poopdeck] Poopdeck

chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com
Sat Sep 1 11:40:13 PDT 2012

First (and then very cool news below) my apologies at this not being a usual Poopdeck. For those who don't know, the Chumbucket Clan moved to New Orleans a month ago. We rode out Isaac just fine, thanks, except our power went out Tuesday when the transformer on our back fence line blew rather spectacularly Tuesday. Eventually about 650,000 people lost power, and most of us don't have it back yet. I'm writing this at a coffee shop in one of the neighborhoods that has its lights and stuff back on.

But we're all fine. The lack of electricity is a real annoyance, but not more than that. not a real problem. And at least we have running water and gas to cook with, which puts us way ahead of where we'd be if we got hit by a hurricane while on the island.

So here's the scoop. Talk Like a Pirate Day is just 18 days away!

Don't forget to order your tenth anniversary T-shirt at our web store - go to http://talklikeapirate.com/booty.html and follow the link. Let the world know you're celebrating a decade of Pirattitude!

Now some really cool news:

The Tony Award-winning Broadway show "Peter and the Starcatchers" is onboard for ITLAPD 2012 with a tarrrriffic Sept. 19 event they're callin' Stache Day, after Black Stache, the mustachio'd rogue played by Matthew Saldivar. If ye be in New York City on Sept. 19, and have (or can fabricate) a mustache, head down to the Brooks Atkinson Theatre Box Office (256 West 47th Street) by 10AM - the first 100 'stached pirates in line will get a free ticket to that night's show. And better yet: the three best 'staches (as judged by our Close Personal Friend and Pulitzer Prize Winning Author Dave Barry, his "Peter and the Starcatcher" co-author Ridley Pearson and Black Stache hisself - will get a pair o' seats for the performance!

For more information, go to: http://peterandthestarcatcher.com/landing-pages/stache-day/

Not too late to enter our youtube video contest! We've had some fine entries, but it's not too late to enter. See this video for details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-UVRJo1Gms

And if you're in the Pacific Northwest you MUST get out this weekend to St. Helens, near the mouth of the mighty Columbia, for the annual Portland Pirate Festival! http://portlandpiratefestival.com/

That'll have to be all for now. But get ready, 'cuz Talk Like a Pirate Day is almost here!

Ol' Chumbucket