[Poopdeck] - The Poopdeck, issue 123

chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com
Tue Aug 11 08:23:33 PDT 2015

THE POOPDECK

The Official Talk Like A Pirate Day Newsletter
Ol' Chumbucket, ed. – Published When the Wind Blows
August 11, 2015 – Issue No. 123

http://www.talklikeapirate.com

https://www.facebook.com/InternationalTalkLikeAPirateDay

38 Days Until International Talk Like a Pirate Day

In this issue:

** Mad Sally at Work in the T-Shirt Shop
** Coming Soon – "Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter"
** Cap'n Slappy and Ol' Chumbucket Heading to L.A.

Ahoy, me hearties!

39 days until International Talk Like a Pirate Day! And it falls on a Saturday this year You know what that means, don't you? Pirate party all weekend long!

What's in the works? Well, we've been busy here at Team Pirate, and that's a fact.

** Mad Sally in the T-Shirt Shop

Mad Sally has been workin' her fingers to the bone getting our T-shirt shop (http://talklikeapirate.com/booty.html) cleaned up and ready for your perusal. It's time to check out some of our most popular designs and slogans to make sure you've got something casual to wear on the big day. Let your co-workers, fellow students, or friends (if ye have any) know what kind of a scurvy dog they're dealin' with!

------------

** Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter

I've spent the summer hackin' through excess verbiage like a filibuster fighting his way across the deck of a galleon, getting my pirate adventure novel, “Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter,” shipshape and ready for you. Just a few details to finish up and you should be able to pre-order by next week! We'll send an announcement when that goes online.

The book will be available as an ebook, a trade paperback, and there will be a special, limited, one-time-only printing of a hardcover edition that will be signed and numbered. Details will be coming your way next week.

“Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter,” is the story of a girl in Virginia Colony in 1718 whose sailor father is captured by pirates. She takes matters into her own hands, disguising herself as a young man and signing onto a Caribbean-bound merchant ship. Her goal, find her father and rescue him from Davy Leech, as devilish a pirate as you'll find in fiction. With the help of unexpected friends she survives pirate attacks and a run-in with a naval press gang to track down her father. But before she can bring him home, she must face a final confrontation with Leech – and only one of them can survive.

If you like a rousing good adventure yarn, you're going to want to a copy of “Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter.”

I've been keeping track of my progress on the book on my blog (www.baurlife.com) and there's now a Facebook page for the book (at https://www.facebook.com/chrissiewarrenpiratehunter) that I'd encourage you to visit and "like."

** Cap'n Slappy and Ol' Chumbucket Head for Los Angeles

For the first time since 2008, Cap'n Slappy and I will share a stage. (Actually, it'll be the first time since 2008 we've shared a zip code, or even a time zone!) Together again, and we hope you can join in the fun!

We'll meet up Sept. 19 at Studio City Tattoo (http://www.studiocitytattoo.com/) to celebrate the holiday with fun and freebooter frivolity, hosted by our mate Talderoy. Music, mermaids, food, entertainment and more are on tap for Saturday, Sept. 19. You don't want to miss it.

And while we're in L.A., we're hoping to set up a few other appearances, just to keep the constabulary on their toes. We'll let you know as our plans come together.

Until next time, thanks for spreadin' the word, and the word is "Aaarrr!"

Ol' Chumbucket