[Poopdeck] – The Poopdeck Issue No. 142

chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com
Tue Dec 13 09:02:00 PST 2016

THE POOPDECK

The Official Talk Like A Pirate Day Newsletter

John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur, editor
Dec. 123, 2016 – Issue No. 142
– www.talklikeapirate.com
– www.facebook.com/InternationalTalkLikeAPirateDay

– www. baurlife.com/

280 Days Until International Talk Like a Pirate Day – Sept. 19, 2017

In this issue:

*** Happy Holidays from the Pirate Guys

*** And the Winners Are!

___________________________________

*** Happy holidays from the Pirate Guys!

Sure, it's not International Talk Like a Pirate Day, but Christmas is pretty good too. And Chanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years and all the other reasons people have for partying at this time of year. You won't hear a disparaging word from us!

Let us direct you to a couple of videos that might get you in the holiday mood.

First, there's Ol' Chumbucket singing a plundered holiday song that was twisted in filibuster fashion. This was at a bookstore event back when we lived in the Caribbean, and you can tell that at first I had to fight for the crowd's attention. But once I got 'em, they were mine, and they sung along on the closing chorus. You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqEr9zOBkY

And then there's Cap'n Slappy, reading his Christmas story, "Pirate Santa" (co-written with our freebooter friend Talderoy and magnificently illustrated by Jun Alvarado.) The video is in three parts, the first is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTjqJIp1ios

And follow the links to the second and third parts.

___________________________________

The Winners Are!

Congratulations to the four winner of the Goodreads.com giveaway of signed copies of "Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter." They're going out in the mail to Sonal Shah, D. Soehner, Gail Lynch and Ken Miller. And thanks to the 700 Goodreads members who took part in the contest.

If you still want a signed copy of the trade paperback edition, you can find it on Big Cartel at:

http://chrissiewarrenpiratehunter.bigcartel.com/product/chrissie-warren-pirate-hunter-signed-paperback-edition

And if you want the book in either unsigned trade paperback or ebook, you can find it at Amazon, Smashwords, and all the usual online book-buying sites.

"Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter" is the adventure story that drew this rave from pirate stalwart Cindy Warner: "I have always loved stories of the adventurous girls who broke social customs and followed their hearts and I LOVED LOVED LOVED Chrissie Warren!! It's a great story and well told with lots of action and adventure."

And don't forget you can get your very own copy of "Pirate Santa" at www.piratesantacom.

Dare we say, "Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter," and "Pirate Santa" would make great gifts under your tree.

Looking forward

We're enjoying the holiday and the end of a turbulent year, and looking forward to plenty of fun and adventure in 2017. We've got plans, and we'll have plenty more to talk to you about soon.

Until then, Merry Christmas (or Kwanzaa or Chanukkah, Winter Solstice or what-have-you) and a Piratey New Year!

Ol' Chumbucket

Editor