[Poopdeck] The Poopdeck Issue No. 134 = Road Trip

chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com chumbucket at talklikeapirate.com
Tue May 31 06:41:03 PDT 2016

THE POOPDECK

The Official Talk Like A Pirate Day Newsletter

John "Ol' Chumbucket" Baur, editor
May 31, 2016 – Issue No. 134
– www.talklikeapirate.com
– www.facebook.com/InternationalTalkLikeAPirateDay

– baurlife.com/

*** Pirates on the Road

Ol' Chumbucket (that's me) and my wife Mad Sally will be visiting the mid-Atlantic and mid-south in the next two weeks, and we sure hope if you're within cannon range that you'll stop by and give us a friendly "Ahoy!" as we pass through your port.

Here's our schedule:

* June 3-5 – We'll be in Hampton, Va., for the Blackbeard Pirate Festival as guests of Blackbeard's Crew. That's quite an honor. The festival is one of the big pirate gatherings each year, and we're excited to be taking part. There'll be re-enactors, fireworks, merchants, a camp for the nippers and all manner of piratical mayhem! And of course, ol' Eddy Teach, Blackbeard, himself, will be on hand! And if you're lucky, you can purchase a copy of my novel, "Chrissie Warren: Pirate Hunter," and get me to sign it!

* June 9 – We'll be doing a book reading at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore at 421 Arena Hub Plaza, Wilkes-Barre, PA. The event is slated to begin about 6 p.m. and if you're in the area, you don't want to miss it.

* June 10 – A pirate event at the Red Canoe Bookstore and Cafe, 4337 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD. The fun commences at 3:30 p.m., and along with the reading (both "Chrissie Warren" AND "A Li'l' Pirates ABSeas," written for the wee ones by me and Cap'n Slappy) there's certain to be a bit of singin' and other tomfoolery.

The scene then shifts south after a one-day maniacal drive from the Atlantic Coast to the south,

* June 12 – I'll read and sign books at the Barnes & Noble at 8029 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN. It's part of their B-Fest Teen Festival. I'm slated to go up around 2 p.m. and it'd be grand to see you.

* June 18 – Our pals Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneer will play a 5 p.m. at the Mayday Brewery in Murfreesboro, TN, just south of Nashville. If we can hold out that long without succumbing to road weariness, we'll be there to see Tom and listen to some real tankard-pounding, foot-stompin, pirate songs. And of course, I'll have the book with me, ready to sell. You understand, just by my saying that, this whole venture becomes a sales trip, and I can write all the expenses off on my taxes! Pirate! (Legal note: Ol' Chumbucket is NOT a licensed tax preparer or CPA or even very good at counting, and could be wrong about the whole deductibility thing. Consult your tax professional. I just always figure, the IRS doesn't say thank you when you leave the change on the table, so you might as well try.)

And that's our June schedule, careening across the map like a couple of sailors on shore leave. We hope to see you while we're out there!

Ol' Chumbucket