[White-water] willamette blocked by strainer?

JC Briar jcbriar at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 08:43:32 PDT 2007

> I have heard a rumor about a tree down across the Willamette near
> Eugene. Can anyone give me more details or tell me where to find such
> information?

As of June 9th, there were two trees on the last three miles of the
McKenzie, between Armitage Park and the McKenzie's confluence with the
Willamette.  Neither blocked the entire river, but each was on the
outside of a curve, at the bottom of a riffle, blocking a significant
part of the main flow.  They should pose no problem to alert boaters
capable of maneuvering in moving water, but may challenge novice boaters.

Maybe these two trees are the source of the rumor you've heard.

-JC