[White-water] BARBED WIRE OVER THE METOLIUS -- OPINION

Jack Doyle oriverat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:29:20 PST 2009

*BARBED WIRE OVER THE METOLIUS -- OPINION* (Portland Oregonian)
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/steve_duin/index.ssf?/base/news/12336333224370.xml&coll=7

The difference between an environmentalist and a developer, the saying goes,
is that the environmentalist has a cabin in the woods and the developer
wants one.

It's been 20 years since I first heard that sentiment, and I have rarely
seen a more entertaining illustration of its merit than the ongoing rift
over the future of the Metolius River basin.