[White-water] Thomas Creek-_Friday Report

Anthony anthwind at msn.com
Fri Nov 6 19:08:16 PST 2009

The gate is open.  Even with the storm that rolled through there was not
much of a rise.  Definitely Low.  Bummer.  I tried to find the old put-in.
After 2½ hours, I gave up!  Things have changed up there.  From what little
I could see of the creek it had some wood in it on the lower part of the
run.  I would suggest a high clearance vehicle and maybe add a chain saw.
With low hanging limbs you will probably need to unload and reload the boats
at least once if not twice.  I used my pickup with a posi - rear end, the
Outback is on the shop.   Weyerhaeuser has cut several of roadways with
trenches to keep vehicles out with a few more being blocked by downed trees.