[White-water] Fwd: [ADV] This Thursday: Boon or Boondoogle? SOS Webinar will explore the economics of the lower Snake River dams

Jack Doyle doylej at peak.org
Tue Jun 9 14:40:19 PDT 2020

From: Carrie Herrman, Save Our wild Salmon Coalition <carrie at wildsalmon.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 1:59 PM
Subject: This Thursday: Boon or Boondoogle? SOS Webinar will explore the
economics of the lower Snake River dams
To: <doylej at peak.org>

FR: Save Our wild Salmon Coalition

Dear Jack,

We're reaching out to remind you about this week's webinar with Dr. Adam
Domanski, an economist with ECONW:

"Boon or Boondoggle? The Economics of the Lower Snake River Dams." June 11
at 5:00 pm PST

This will be an online webinar using zoom communications software -
https://zoom.us/
You can download free zoom software here - https://zoom.us/download

You can RSVP for this Thursday's webinar by sending a note here:
speakerseries at wildsalmon.org

Please specify which event(s) you plan to attend:
- 6/11 (LSR economics), and/or
- 6/18 (recreational fishing communities) - and we'll send you a link and
password.

Last week's webinar - "Can we remove dams and have a clean reliable,
affordable energy system?" with Sean O'Leary of the NW Energy Coalition was
a big success. We had great attendance, an excellent presentation and
thoughtful Q&A discussion with attendees. (A video recording of first
presentation will be available online soon! Stay tuned.)

Below you can learn about this month's webinar series. Visit our website to
find more information about the speakers, their presentations and links to
action alerts and to related reports and materials:
https://www.wildsalmon.org/news-and-media/sos-blog/wild-salmon-speaker-series-hear-from-experts-and-ask-them-questions.html

NOTE: we will soon announce a fourth webinar - for June 25 at 5 pm PST -
featuring several tribal community leaders discussing salmon recovery in
the Snake River Basin. Look for an update on our webinar webpage shortly!

SOS is proud to host an online speaker series in June exploring the
challenges and opportunities of restoring the lower Snake River and its
endangered fish by removing four federal dams*. How can we address the
salmon crisis in the Snake River Basin while also maintaining our
commitment to clean, reliable and affordable energy and prosperous
communities.

(1) "Can we remove dams and have a clean reliable, affordable energy
system?" **Occurred on June 4** - With Sean O'Leary, NW Energy Coalition's
Communication's Director.

(2) "Boon or Boondoggle? The Economics of the Lower Snake River Dams." June
11 at 5:00 pm PST - With ECONorthwest's Project Director Adam Domanski.

(3) "How Snake River salmon declines impact the Northwest's recreational
fishing economy." June 18 at 5:00 pm PST - With fishing guides Aaron
Lieberman and Bob Rees.

Learn more about this series and its speakers here:
https://www.wildsalmon.org/news-and-media/sos-blog/wild-salmon-speaker-series-hear-from-experts-and-ask-them-questions.html

Please forward this announcement to your networks that may be interested,
and share on social media:
  * FB event page for June 11 [
https://www.facebook.com/events/248861203046655/ ] (Lower Snake River
economics)
  * FB event page for June 18 [
https://www.facebook.com/events/620218565237925/ ] (recreational fishing
impacts)

QUESTIONS? Contact carrie at wildsalmon.org

We look forward to seeing you there and joining the discussion! Thank you
as ever for your interest and advocacy.

Carrie, Sam, Joseph and the whole SOS crew

Carrie Herrman
Inland Northwest Outreach Coordinator
Save Our Wild Salmon
(515) 230-9003"