[Osta-board] Fwd: Dave Swehla

bcarlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Thu Jul 30 16:33:40 PDT 2009

Dear board members,
      OSTA has lost one of it's ardent supporters.  Dave Swehla was
editor of TOST in 1971 through 1974, and has been a paid-up member for
over 30 years.  His jovial greetings, enthusiasm, and infectious smile
always brightened up our fall conferences.  He has even paid the
registration fees for several new teachers to ours, and NSTA
conventions.  Dave was killed July 7th in a car-truck accident in
Sterling, Illinois.  He was 72.  His obituary was in the Oregonian on
July 15th, and services have already been held in Beaverton.
      Oregon science education has lost one of it's most passionate characters.

        Best wishes,  Bernie

----- Forwarded message from d_swehla at verizon.net -----