[Osta-board] Friendly answers

bcarlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Sun Feb 28 14:40:33 PST 2010

Good Sunday, Lynda,

      Regarding a new printer for the TOST.  Both Lazerquick and Terry
Heaton say that they can work with either platform: Pagemaker or
Publisher, PC or Mac, Linux or DOS or OS X.  Both printers have the
ability to put labels on the TOST directly and clear the USPS hurdles
with their NCOA address update systems.

       Lazerquick will do the labeling and bulk mailing for $99.
Terry Heaton's old system that uses Paul Zastrow's labels and my bulk
mailing operation costs OSTA $40.

       Terry Heaton has taken Paul's mailing labels and converted them
to an Excel file and run them through their NCOA procedures.  No price
on this yet, as he is awaiting Heidi's update on page 7 of the March
TOST.   This will probably be accomplished this week.

      Regarding last week's listserve excitement.  The February issue
of NSTA Reports has a front page layout exhorting the use of WIKIS to
accomplish the dialog that Mr Moursund and others were hoping to
accomplish.  Perhaps there is a current board member who may be
familiar with such electronic stuff and could look into it.   Wikis,
facebooks, twitters, blogs, websites, listserves, . . . Dick Tracy
never could have imagined this stuff.

       Thank you for all that you do!
           Best wishes,  Bernie

btw: Is anyone going to the NSTA Convention in Philadelphia?  Ken
Rosenbaum wants to meet us and sign some papers regarding 2013.
Please let me know soon.