[Osta-board] 2013 Retreat Accommodations

Nicole Duncan nicoleduncan at comcast.net
Tue Jan 3 15:05:24 PST 2012

Hi Mike (and OSTA Board),

I called Tilikum today to inquire about holding the OSTA retreat January
18-20th, 2013 at their facility.

http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/tilikum/index.html

Currently the weekend is open for us to use the Retreat Center, however they
will not let me book until the 18th (1 year in advance)

There is a minimum of 20-25 people to book the weekend, unless we are open
to sharing the retreat center with another group if we have less than 20
people attend.

            1st group that books has access to the lower room

            2nd group would get meeting room upstairs

Rate: For 2 nights with 4 meals the 2011-2012 pricing is $144/person based
on double occupancy ($30.00 extra for those who would need a single
occupancy room); however there is a 15% discount for booking a January date.
The rate could go up for the 2012-2013 by 2%-3%

Retreat Center has:

Two main rooms

Break out rooms

Dining rooms /classroom areas

Motel Style rooms, some with bathrooms, some with bathrooms across the hall

I am awaiting a more detailed email from Michelle (the contact person). I do
not know what we pay for our current facility. However, if we want to make
sure to secure the weekend we need to make a decision fairly soon.

I hope that this helps. I will forward any other information she sends me as
I get it!

Nicole