[Osta-board] More STEM stuff: From NSTA

bcarlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Tue Jan 3 21:53:48 PST 2012

Happy New Year, Lynda and board members,

      Regarding the NSF workshop in Seattle, Lynda and Jodie are
OSTA's best communicators.  Cheryl Kleckner knows how and what STEM
actions will play out best in Oregon.  Lori Lancaster and Mike Rockow
and Sue McWilliams and Carolyn Clontz saw STEM Initiatives in play at
the NSTA Western Regional.  Allan and Lynda and Paul know the politics
of OEA and are savvy as to what might work or not work for teachers
and students in Oregon.

      The logistics, funding and transportation, time commitments, and
interest are the key elements here.  I do not think that OSTA has
those funds in our present budget.    Hopefully, some superintendent
or district can come through to make an Oregon presence possible.

       Peace, hope, and love,     Bernie