[Osta-board] President's report and other reminders

Leslie Graham Leslie.Graham at lagrande.k12.or.us
Wed Jan 18 16:55:03 PST 2012

Answers to your questions:

I am going to try to be there by 6:00pm on Friday. But, we are dealing with weather and mountains over here so I will be there as soon as I can.

I will not be bringing an article for TOST because my class will be starting an engineering design project next week and I want to take pictures to be included with the article. When that is done, I will email it to Jodie.

I do not have or have ever had a notebook.

Is there wireless available so I can bring my laptop?

See you on Friday (weather permitting and hopefully I84 will not be closed)

Leslie

>>> Lynda 01/17/12 6:11 PM >>>
In the midst of reminding everyone else I neglected to send in my own report. I've had it written but just didn't get it typed up and sent off. My apologies. I've attached the agenda but it has no times on it - it is flexible. Carefully read through the entire email. There are several questions asked and things you need to bring.

Friday: Work from 7-9 pm
Saturday: Breakfast at 8 am
Begin work at 9:00 am
Sunday: Breakfast at 8 am
Work from 9-11 am on business requiring votes

Those are the times we are working with and we will be flexible.

Reminders for the retreat:

1. Committee requests - I have not received all requests yet.

2. Retreat location information for next year. Where might we go and what are the costs?

3. Suggestions for people to be on NSTA Conference committee to forward to NSTA. Refer to previous document as to the responsibilities for each of the positions.

4. Bring games to socialize with Friday and Saturday evenings

5. Bring snacks to share

6. Bring a copy of the bylaws

7. Dress in layers

8. Sometimes the big room is a bit drafty so you might want to have a lap blanket with you.

9. Please be sure you've read all the reports and come with questions. We will be approving the minutes so be sure to check those over also.

10. Bring articles to place in the TOST. Bring electronic copies if possible. We can then e-mail them to Jodie or if Jodie has a computer with her she could copy them Saturday. Everyone should bring at least one article. If we did that Jodie should then have plenty of ideas to choose from.

We will probably have the fire going. Does anyone want to make SMORES? I'd be glad to bring stuff but don't have any long sticks or forks to toast the marshmallows.

Mike please remember the charts from the past 2 years. I will bring chart paper again and markers. Does someone have blue tape to tack them up? It is old chart paper so there is no sticky back.

Does anyone need a notebook?

I've probably forgotten something. If I think of something else I'll e-mail again. Feel free to respond and share anything else people should know that I have forgotten.

See you Friday or Saturday!!!

Lynda Sanders
OSTA President
NBC Early Adolescent Science