[Osta-board] Hazardous Driving

Leslie Graham Leslie.Graham at lagrande.k12.or.us
Fri Jan 20 08:59:37 PST 2012

Dear All,
Since I have the pleasure of driving through Carol's part of the country to get to the west, I too will not be able to make it to Menucha. I am glad you emailed first, Carol, because I have been worrying about this for several days. I vowed never to drive with the possibility of black ice since leaving Bend (where I did a 360 in my 4 wheel drive Suburban with all 4 wheels studded and driving only 25 mph on Division St) and my last venture on black ice on I84 where the driver behind me did a 360 and crashed into the median. I have the smarts to drive slowly, but, alas, fellow drivers do not. A fellow teacher's husband made the trek to Portland yesterday and called her 6 hrs after beginning his journey and he was not even halfway. I have enough gray hair as it is:). Thank you board members for being so understanding. My thoughts are with you in the valley with all of your flooding. Right now we are having a bit of respite from the rain and snow. The sun peaked out for a moment. The birds are chirping and gathering their food. I am hoping my kids at school get a morning recess because they have had indoor recess for the past few days. My skype name is glraham. I will be available for skyping if I get an email of times to be on. The best to all of you. Maybe think about changing the retreat to the spring so all of us can attend?????
Leslie

>>> Lynda Sanders 01/20/12 8:09 AM >>>
We need your Skype name.