[Osta-board] Fair weather at Menucha

Sue McWilliams smcw at bendcable.com
Fri Jan 20 09:26:25 PST 2012

That is all well and good there, but the mountain passes and other smaller highways are a different story.  I do not think it is worth the risk for people to come no matter what.  I agree with Leslie, time to think about the month we schedule the retreat- and also I think it is time to consider technology alternatives.  There are many options for group/conference meetings with Internet.  I am looking over Skype right now.  We could subscribe for  3-month trial at just under $7 per month and use Skype for video conferencing for 3-10 people.  i'd say well worth the investment and a lot less than mileage reimbursement for so many people.  We used Skype for OSTP meetings, hooked the computer up to a projector with speakers and it worked very well. Everyone could participate and the person(s) on the other end did the same for us.

I intend to write up some thoughts for each of the working groups I am on to provide my input for discussion.  I will try to participate by Skype as much as possible over the weekend. Carolyn and I can Skype together at her house tomorrow.

Sue