[Osta-board] eCybermission check arrived

Bernie Carlsen bcarlsen at reed.edu
Fri Aug 8 21:43:02 PDT 2014

Good evening, board members,

   The eCybermission check for $90 arrived today.  Thank you for your
efforts in publicizing this program to your friends and colleagues in your
area.   Special thanks to Jodie Harnden who served as a virtual judge of
the entries.

  Hopefully we will see eCybermission at the Centennial Conference.  Right
now there are 34 exhibitors already signed up, and traditionally, that
number will double by the October conference time.   If you know of any
organizations or companies who should be displaying their programs to our
members, please direct them to the website to register.  You can also tell
me, or give me their name and number to be contacted.

  Lori Lancaster has negotiated a deal with WSTA to let their members come
to our Centennial conference for our members reg fee in exchange for
letting our members attend the WSTA Conference Oct 17-19 for their members
reg fee. It involves registering with a code number, so watch the website
for more information regarding the push to get people to register for our
conference in Gresham.

  The Murdock Trust's Partners In Science meeting today featured 25 oral
presentations and 20 posters.  The talks showcased some fascinating cutting
edge research by high school teachers in Oregon, Washington. Idaho,
Montana, and Alaska.  These talks will be repeated again at the annual
workshop in San Diego in January.  Many of the Oregon participants were
colleagues of yours and are OSTA veterans.

   Saturday Academy's ASE students will present talks on their summer
research programs next Friday at the University of Portland.  There are
about 200 students participating this year!

  Thank you for all that you do!   Enjoy the warm summer days!      Bernie