[Osta-board] Bylaws Committee Meeting Notes and Future Direction for Preparing for Retreat

Bradford Hill Bradford_Hill at beaverton.k12.or.us
Mon Jan 6 13:41:47 PST 2014

Hello OSTA Board,

The Bylaws Committee held a meeting on December 21st, in attendance was:
Bradford Hill, Paul Zastrow, Randy Harper, Dave Johnson, Susan Holveck,
Lori Lancaster. The notes of this meeting can be found here:

[
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v1mHqrdxxljkKEd8HEa8UEuZlf9H-aQWmQMk5h2spNI/edit?usp=sharing
]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v1mHqrdxxljkKEd8HEa8UEuZlf9H-aQWmQMk5h2spNI/edit?usp=sharing

Our next goal is to clean up these recommendations to be ready for the
board retreat in February. A brief summary is that the the bylaws are
largely a repeat of the constitution (albeit with a few contradictions)
and as Paul noticed numerous "Standing Rules" and Policies that should be
place separately from the bylaws.

Looking forward, after a discussion of these recommendations and any
others that come up during the retreat, we aim to presented a final draft
to the membership for voting in September.

Our current progress can be seen on the attached edited Bylaws (as we are
recommended merging the constitution and bylaws into a single document for
ease of ready and clarity).

Please contact me with any thoughts or concerns you may have that you want
addressed before the retreat.

Thank you,
Bradford

Bradford Hill
Science Teacher
Southridge High School
Teacher on Special Assignment focused on High School Science, Technology,
Engineering, & Math
(w) Freshman Physics [
https://sites.google.com/a/beaverton.k12.or.us/physics/
]https://sites.google.com/a/beaverton.k12.or.us/physics/