[Osta-board] Fwd: Funding for Science Instructional Materials

Dara Brennan dara.brennan at springfield.k12.or.us
Mon Nov 13 12:30:17 PST 2017

Hi all,
Please see the friendly request for info below:

Dara Brennan
STEM TOSA<https://sites.google.com/a/springfield.k12.or.us/stem-education/>

<http://www.stem.lane.edu/>
Springfield Public Schools
525 Mill Street
Springfield, OR 97477
541.726.3225 office
541.515.1203 cell

Begin forwarded message:

From: Emily Cayton <emcayton at ncsu.edu<mailto:emcayton at ncsu.edu>>
Subject: Funding for Science Instructional Materials
Date: November 13, 2017 at 11:41:18 AM PST
To: communications at oregonscience.org<mailto:communications at oregonscience.org>, dara.brennan at springfield.k12.or.us<mailto:dara.brennan at springfield.k12.or.us>

Hello,

I am a Science Education PhD student at North Carolina State University. My dissertation is focusing on funding for instructional materials in high school science classrooms and data will be collected through an online survey.

I was wondering if you could forward the information below to high school teachers in Oregon. I am trying to collect data from all states.  My goal is to have representation nationwide and be able to share any data I collect back with the state science teacher organizations.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Emily Cayton

--------

Colleagues,

As seen in recent news reports, teachers are spending out of pocket money to support their classrooms. Science teachers conducting lab activities often have a greater need for resources.

Do you have all the funding and supplies needed to teach?

As a fellow science teacher, I am aware that some science teachers have adequate funding while others are in desperate need of resources. Little is known about science funding, and I need your input.

Help me document funding needs, funding inequities, and what it costs to offer high quality science instruction. Please consider taking this 5-10-minute online survey to give your perspective on funding and resources in high school science classrooms. Participants will be eligible to be entered in a drawing for one of ten $25 gift certificates to Amazon for completing the survey.

Use the link below to complete the survey. Please forward to colleagues who may be interested in sharing their experiences.
https://goo.gl/6vEn6u

If you have any questions, please contact emcayton at ncsu.edu<mailto:emcayton at ncsu.edu>

--
Emily Cayton
Science Education Doctoral Candidate

[http://www.springfield.k12.or.us/cms/lib03/OR01000651/Centricity/shared/misc_icons_and_graphics/SPS_logo_email_4C.png]

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Springfield Public Schools