[Osta-board] Response to Norie letter

Connie Robbins crobbins at craneedu.org
Sun Oct 18 09:43:55 PDT 2020

Hey there,

I just want all of you to know how this has really bothered me to have to
address the Norie email like this. As I feel responsible for this
situation, I also feel the need to make it right. There should not be a
decision made that doesn't follow a policy. If no policy, no
decision should be made, whether popular or not. This will be addressed at
the next meeting and a decision for a policy needs to be made.

That being said. I read further into the OPB article. At this point, there
is no ethics investigation by the Oregon Government Ethics Commission on
the matter. Only the OPB article pointing to a possible violation.
According to the minutes from the summer retreat, an online vote should
have been conducted after WSTA was informed and board members had more time
to read the article in order to have a more informed decision.

I have attached a draft of the letter that may be sent if the WSTA policy
shows a justification of asking the organization to step out of the
conference. If the policy does not have such language, we will be issuing
an apology letter to Norie and the organization. Tiffany tells me that she
has requested the document. I would like to send it with the email response
if the policy addresses this situation.

Again, this is disheartening for me to have to address. I hope we can do
the right thing and get this situation taken care of in a positive way.

My email has change so all my saved emails are gone...so please send me a
request for access of you cannot open this letter...thanks!

Connie Robbins

 Norie Dimeo-Edige letter
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-1gW5fpL-xAsoyi98z81wtx-4Z5PDVf9GWQG6EvNF54/edit?usp=drive_web>