[White-water] Sandy River Showdown UPDATE!

Jack Doyle doylej at peak.org
Fri Apr 22 11:29:46 PDT 2011

*From: Sam Drevo <sam at enrgkayaking.com>*
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:01:15 -0700

Here is the latest scoop about this event from Sam Drevo..

"We will be paddling the upper Sandy next Thursday April 28th to scout the
course one last time. All competent intermediate paddlers/ rafters/IKers &
CAT Boaters are welcome to come to scout the section- and are encouraged
(each boat must contain a paddler that has run this section).  We will Meet
at the old Marmot dam site at 10am to set shuttle (We have a key to access
the site).  We will also be setting the running course in Oxbow Park on
April 29th if you are interested in scouting the trail run through 300-400
year old- old growth trees along the river. We should be in Oxbow park from
12pm-4pm.  This is your last opportunity to familiarize yourself with the
course."

To recap the events & prizes go to www.sandyrivershowdown.com

Here are the clif notes:

Sat. April 30- The DAM DERBY: 7 mile down river race from the salmon / sandy
river confluence to the former Marmot Dam Site: Class II-III+

Slalom practice available in the afternoon for the race on Sunday (provided
we have good levels in Bull Run).

Sun. May 1st- Dodge and Burn Adventure Relay- Paddle Dodge Park to Oxbow
Park (7 miles class II-III) to a hand off and a 3.5 mile trail run.

EXHIBITION STAND UP PADDLE BOARD RACE TO PROCEED THE END OF THE BIATHALON IN
OXBOW PARK at 3pm.  THE OXBOW SUP SPRINT!!!!

Registration at sandyrivershowdown.com, cost $25/pp per day... includes, a
meal, swag, and a ticket to WIN A JACKSON STAR WHITEWATER KAYAK, OR A GOPRO
HD VIDEO CAMERA. Sign up online and double your chances of winning these
great prizes (2 tickets/day).  Proceeds from this event will go towards Team
River Runner PDX, and We Love Clean Rivers 501c3 in developing the Sandy
River Cleanup Aug. 28th, 2011.

Next week we will outline the detailed schedule for the festival weekend.

This event will be filmed by our wonderful and talented DEMO CREW!!! a video
will emerge...

Special Thanks to all our great sponsors- eNRG Kayaking, FLETCHER DESIGNS,
URDAHL PHOTO, AMR RIVER RESCUE, DAVE'S KILLER BREAD ROAD ID, NRSWEB.COM, AND
JACKSON KAYAK

eNRG Kayaking is renting full sets of cold water equipment (helmet, PFD, Wet
suit & Booties) for the day/weekend, as well as single/double inflatable
kayaks, rafts, and hard shell kayaks and paddles. Call 503.772.1122 or email
us.

Bring your game face!

BRING IT!!!

--
Sam Drevo
Northwest River Guides LLC / eNRG Kayaking