[White-water] Sandy River Showdown- 3 days away!!!

Jack Doyle doylej at peak.org
Thu Apr 28 19:42:42 PDT 2011

*From: Sam Drevo <sam at enrgkayaking.com>*

The River is at a great level, and we are excited for a great event.  We are
still trying to rally participants, and volunteers.  Volunteers can email me
directly- sam at eNRGkayaking.com

Here is the FINAL detailed agenda for the weekend.  This info supersedes any
other published information.  Feel free to disseminate, and hope to see you
this weekend, for the 1st annual Sandy River Showdown!!!

All the best,

Sam Drevo

3 Days to Sandy River Showdown!!!

Here is the last update before the event with all the particulars.  This
schedule and info supercedes any other published content on the web.  There
are a few minor changes that we have made to streamline the event, and make
it accessible for as many people as possible.

Schedule for the day:

Saturday April 30, 2011

7:00am- locked gate at Marmot Dam site opens.

Marmot Dam Site (finish line day 1):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=204349212464496689311.0004a046d0d167be1932b&ll=45.399475,-122.143593&spn=0.001846,0.004908&z=18

7:30-8:30am- We encourage all participants to set shuttle BEFORE driving to
the put in.  This way your dry clothes will be at the take out at the end of
the race/

8:00am- on site registration opens across from BLM forest road 14 and E.
Barlow Rd. (walking distance from start).

Registration/start Day 1 (It is called the Sandy/Salmon River Confluence)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=45.385009,-122.03064&spn=0.029538,0.078535&z=14&msid=204349212464496689311.0004a1db9e001a82ed8d7

8:45am- Organizers meeting- safety safety set up

9:30am- Registration Closes.

9:35am- Racers Meeting

10:00am- First racer starts (1 minute intervals- 7 mile downriver race class
II-III+)

11:30-1:00pm- Lunch is served- (deli sandwiches, soup, and Gatorade)

1:00pm- awards (end of day 1 event)

Sunday May 1st, 2011

8:00am- On site registration opens- Dodge Park

Registration Day 2:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=204349212464496689311.00047820a8fb713336615&ll=45.445108,-122.250366&spn=0.007377,0.019634&z=16

8:45am- Organizers meeting- safety set up

9:30am- Registration closes

9:40am- Racers meeting

10:00am- First Racers starts biathalon (8 mile paddle- class I-II (III), 3.5
mile trail run in Oxbow)

12:30-2:30pm- lunch is served- (deli sandwiches, soup, Gatorade)

Transition- boat ramp Day 2: Finish line is at pavilion A

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=204349212464496689311.0004944751867f90a7841&z=19

2:00pm- Biathalon course closes.

3:00pm- Exhibition SUP sprint race

4:00pm- awards, & raffle

Registration specifics:

$25 / per competitor / day.  Includes race bib, timing, insurance, lunch,
clif bars and 1 ticket to the raffle. We will also have a portrait
photographer on site to shoot ever participant at the finish line, and we
will be giving away images for free to all participants who want them.

 $10 student and Jr. discount for registration.  Register online by Friday
night and get 2 raffle tickets / registration.  Must register individually
by day on line.  This is a kayak, CAT, & raft friendly event.  Come out and
support this event, and help raise money for the Sandy River Cleanup Aug. 28
th.

Additional raffle tickets $10.  Raffle prizes include KEEN gift
certificates, DANNER Boots Gift Ceritficates, 1 Jackson Kayak, and 1 Go Pro
HD camera.

Thanks to Jackson Kayak, Go ProHD, KEEN, Danner, Fletch designs, Dave’s
Killer Bread, Disabled American Veterans, and eNRG kayaking for making this
event happen.

Go to sandyrivershowdown.com for more info

Slalom Race will be held on Bull Run- Sunday Morning 10am.  You must be
there by 9:30am. David Johnson is the organizer- johnsoda7 at hotmail.com...
Practice is open all day on Saturday!!!

--
Sam Drevo
Northwest River Guides LLC / eNRG Kayaking