[White-water] More re Sandy Gorge and Revenue to Dodge cfs

Gordon Taylor gordontctaylor at comcast.net
Wed Oct 31 10:26:20 PDT 2007

Greetings:

Just after posting the information on the new USGS gauge on the Sandy River at Brightwood, I noticed that this gauge was reading 1,200 cfs whereas the USGS gauge on the Sandy River Below Bull Run River was reading 898 cfs.  Since this relationship is not possible, I called the NW River Forecast Center and learned that even low flows on the gauge at Brightwood are not yet fully calibrated, as USGS has so far taken only three readings.  So wait to use the new gauge on the Sandy at Brightwood until USGS can get it calibrated.

Gordon